2013. november 3., vasárnap

the first project: jumper skirt!

So my first challenge was this black jumper dress - I remember having wanted one for years, but never came across one in any store. Problem solved now!




I was in a bit of trouble when cutting up the fabric. I originally bought it for another, smaller project, but ended up starting with this dress, and after I cut out the parts for the skirt, there wasn't much left for the rest...it took me quite a bit of playing jigsaw puzzle with the scrap fabric to be able to cut out the parts needed for the upper dress.




I wanted either striped or polka dot lining for the pockets. As you can see on the design sketch, I was eventually going for stripes, but I was unable to find a single store where they carry striped fabric in the colours I needed. So I got some polka dot fabric after all.



Also, I almost ruined the whole dress while working on the pockets. 
I didn't pay enough attention, and I ended up sewing the skirt together at several points...
luckily, I could get it apart without any visible damage.



And here's the finished dress! 
It's fitted a bit loosely so that I can wear it over thicker tops if I want to. Winter is coming ;)



Material used

        • 150 cm x 150 cm black fabric (jersey cotton)
        • 20 cm x 140 cm polka dot fabric
        • 2 buttons


1 megjegyzés:

  1. Hello Sheeyo,

    I'm Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd like to invite you to WhaIWear.com. With 1,5 million page views a month, WhatIWear.com is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE at the spotlight.

    Maybe you can post these pics as your first looks on WhatIWear? I bet our members will be rooting for you as well!

    We cannot wait to see your awesome style.
    Click www.whatiwear.com to get started.


    See you soon,
    Valencia
    Community manager

    VálaszTörlés